Giving is built into the fabric of our art business. Share the love is our motto. DOMKO donates 5% of art sales to worthy causes. You can choose where you want your money to go, with any purchase of fine art.
DOMKO recommends these extremely worthy causes:
- Hogar De Vida, Costa Rica http://www.homesoflife.org/costa-rica.htm
- Dominique volunteered at this children’s home in the summer of 2016. There, Dominique lived in a house with 4 other “Tias” and cared for 11 babies under the age of two. This experience showed her that she definitely has what it takes to be a mom someday! The best thing about Hogar De Vida, was that Dominique experienced the Tias giving excellent care to children who have been neglected. These infants were well-fed, well-groomed, were held, comforted and given something of immense value: love.
- Boys and Girls Club, Bend (ART PROGRAM!) http://www.bgcbend.org/
- Dominique teaches art at Boys and Girls club and directs several programs there. Your donation will help stock the art room with pencils, paintbrushes, paint, canvases, construction paper. Giving to the Boys and Girls Club of Bend (Art Program) helps Dominique instill positive self-image, self-esteem, art and design skillsets, and a sense of accomplishment in each child she serves.
- Heifer International http://www.heifer.org
- Dominique’s mother, Mary Clare, once asked just for her family to donate to Heifer International for Christmas one year instead of giving her gifts. The fact that Mary Clare wanted nothing for Christmas except to share the gift of life and industry to humans living in poverty spoke volumes to Dominique. This organization gives the gift of animals to struggling families, which are a steady source of income, providing food on the table for hungry children.